I’m Jack Cheng. I was born in Shanghai, grew up in Michigan, and spent almost a decade in New York. Now I live in Detroit. My first novel for young readers, See You in the Cosmos, came out in 2017 and has been translated into over thirty languages. I’m working on the next one.
Find about new books, projects, and other happenings. Sign up for my newsletter, sent out once a season:
Psst … if you want to hear from me more often—like, once-a-week often—try my Sunday Letter.
You might also be looking for:
- A more detailed “About” page, including a picture of my dog Matisse.
- See You on the Bookshelf, my podcast about how See You in the Cosmos went from manuscript to published book.
- These Days, a novel I funded through Kickstarter in 2013 and designed and published myself.
- Essays from my days working in tech: The Slow Web, Dad’s Idea, Habit Fields.
- Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts (that I take frequent breaks from).
- A better way to contact me (hint: it’s email).
Or perhaps you’re looking for a different Jack Cheng altogether. Hmm, let’s see … do you mean The Archaeologist, or The Electric-Car Company CEO, or Canada’s 2016 “Geography Challenge” Champion, or … ?