I’m Jack Cheng, the author of See You in the Cosmos. I was born in Shanghai, grew up in Michigan, and spent almost a decade in New York. Now I live in Detroit.
March 18, 2020 — To students, parents, and educators: In the coming days, I’ll be posting videos and other fun writing- and reading-related resources for you to incorporate into lessons at home. Many other authors I know will be doing the same. You can check back here in a few days, or sign up for my occasional email list below to get notified as soon as they’re available. I’m also writing An Abundance of Potions, a daily newsletter with one practical thing you can do each day to take care of yourself and others while social distancing. Please be safe!
Update (March 20) — You can find resources from other Michigan authors here. If there’s anything specific I can do or make that would be helpful to you, email me and I’ll try to include it as I work on my own resources.
You might also be looking for:
- A more detailed “About” page, including a picture of my dog Matisse.
- A way to contact me (hint: it’s email).
- The Enchanted Rose, a talk about masculinity and writing for kids in the #MeToo era.
- See You on the Bookshelf, my podcast about how See You in the Cosmos went from manuscript to published book.
- These Days, a novel I funded through Kickstarter in 2013.
- Essays from my days working in tech: The Slow Web, Dad’s Idea, Habit Fields.
- Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.